Hilltop cottage is at the top of Church Bank. Formerly occupied by the Longthorn family for a hundred years or so. The building had 2 upper and 2 lower rooms for living accommodation with a barn attached. There was no electricity, gas or mains water up to the time it was sold in 1984.
In the picture are William Longthorn (1847-1933) and his wife Hannah, nee Marshall (1851-1925). Their son Fred lived there nearly until his death in 1980. The upper photograph taken abt 1920, the lower photograph about 1960.